Diploma Hypno-Psychotherapy, Certified Hypnotist, EFT Practitioner, Level 3, Cert' Anxiety Manag't. Cert' PLR.
Clarity of mind and thought are central to a good emotional life. It is because of that, that part of my work focuses on the quality of the language each client uses; both internal and external. The quality of one's language is defined by its proclivity, habitual tendency, towards negativity, vagueness and or wrong context. In a general sense, when language is well formed, precise and positive, one's emotional experience of life is usually better too!
For myself, I feel my most valuable qualification is my life experience. I started my own journey through therapy in 1993. and having experienced the full force of life's lessons, it gives one a valuable platform from which to help others! Additionally I ran my own furniture manufacturing business for over 20 years and of all the things I learned, the most powerful was how enduring we humans are in the face of adversity.
Sometimes all we lack is the ability to discover that resource which lies within each of us. This, I believe, is where therapy can help. The art of therapy is in helping the client access those inner resources which enable them to overcome the most extreme difficulty. My job as a therapist is to use my training and life experience to assist the client bring about the process of healing, be it physical, emotional or mental, in which profound change can happen.
In a very real sense, my professional training taught me how to organize my life experience in a way that allows me to feel and empathize with the client's experience of life! That is not to say that I know how they feel, because each person's feeling is a subjective matter, but it allows the client to feel heard. Sometimes it is just the knowing that someone cares, that they are not being judged, that starts the process of healing! In short it allows the client to feel validated.
It is also a truth that being a therapist exposes one to a greater awareness of the many ways in which life can imprint its effect on the human spirit. It is the way in which we use the healing methods of others, be it a client or therapist, that become the example(s) that assist the client to overcome their difficulty. A common thread in a clients experience, is that they feel their situation is somehow unique; which in a way it is. But the important point, is that it is rarely totally unique! I guess that is why biographies are so powerful in their ability to help others achieve the seemingly impossible. The journey of therapy is one in which the therapist and client explore together and it is the nature, as well as nurture, of this relationship and journey that make the destination (Goals of Therapy) so ultimately achievable.
I have been in private practice for over 15 years now and have over 11,000 hours client experience. It is the totality of life and therapeutic experience that I bring to my practice here in Singapore. It is also my desire to assist clients achieve their desired outcome for therapy and life.
- Certificate Ericksonian Hypnosis 2000 My first qualification in Hypnosis, earned from The NLP ACADEMY UK in 2000
- Diploma Hypnotherapy-Psychotherapy UK 2003-2004 A 500 Hour Diploma earned from Centre Training International School of Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy 2003 - 2004 (Now the Awaken School)
- Certified Hypnotherapist USA 2006 Awarded by The National Guild of Hypnotists, The largest Hypnotherapy Organization in the USA. Earned 2006
- Certified Anxiety Specialist UK 2008 A Certificate in Anxiety Management awarded by The UK Academy of Therapeutic Arts; earned 2008
- Certified Regression Therapist UK 2009 A Certificate in Past Life Regression awarded by The UK Academy of Therapeutic Arts; earned 2008
- EFT Practitioner EFTTA UK Level 3 2006 A Practitioners Certificate, Level 3, earned from The EFT Training Academy UK earned in 2006